A great business logo ought to convey the essence of your company’s service, product, and/or personality. In order to provide you with great logo options there are things a designer needs to know to create a logo. If you are able to provide more information there is a better chance the designer will be able to create options that truly encapsulate your business in the design.
So what kind of information can help this process?
- Why you chose the business name
- A list of services/products that you offer with any important details of each
- Your area competitors
- Why people choose you over those competitors
- Color and style preferences
- How your business helps your clients
- Business personality: fun, serious, hip, geek, fashionable, young, traditional, etc. (provide about five)
- What you want your logo to accomplish
- Slogan, tagline, motto
- Logo’s and/or brand’s you aspire to be like
- All ideas you have for your logo
A good designer will get much of this information for you via a form or interview. The form gives them time to think through their responses. It is also great to refer to once the designs are presented.
Your logo should have meaning, a personality, and represent what the company is at its core.